Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer - Product Development
Location: Arvada, Colorado
Lowtemp Industries, LLC is a leading innovator in the design, fabrication, and distribution of state-of-the-art solventless extraction equipment for the cannabis industry. With a strong commitment to quality, safety, and innovation, we pride ourselves on delivering best-in-class solutions to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
Lowtemp is very proud of our natural investment-free growth pattern over the last 8 years, staying privately owned, and scaling responsibly. This allows us to keep a natural "old school" work environment that hardly resembles Corporate America's inflated bureaucracy. With only ~15 employees, your wins and losses are easily seen and rewarded or addressed!
This position is for self-driven, motivated, passionate individuals looking to make new things in the world!
The Senior Systems Engineer will play a pivotal role in advancing the capabilities and efficiency of our extraction equipment. This role will entail close collaboration and management with interdisciplinary teams, from Food-Grade Stainless Steel fabrication to PCB Electrical Engineering Teams, ensuring our equipment is at the forefront of the solventless extraction industry.
1. Collaboration/Management Roles:
- Manage both in-house and contracted engineering resources with efficiency.
- Find, vet, and hire engineering resources as needed for projects.
- Disciplines managed: Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, CAD drafters, Fabrication Manufacturers, PLC Engineers, Injection Mold Manufacturers, etc.
2. System Design and Development:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather equipment requirements.
- Develop and refine technical specifications for solventless extraction systems.
- Utilize CAD and other software tools to craft detailed schematics and designs.
3. Integration and Validation:
- Ensure seamless interaction between various components of the extraction system.
- Test new technologies and methods to optimize equipment efficiency and yield.
- Validate that systems meet all design specifications and operational requirements.
4. Safety and Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensure designs comply with industry safety standards and regulations.
- Stay abreast of regulatory changes in the cannabis extraction domain and adjust system designs as needed.
5. Troubleshooting and Support:
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve equipment issues swiftly.
- Provide technical expertise to customers and internal teams facing challenges with the equipment.
- Prepare comprehensive technical documentation, including user guides, maintenance protocols, and safety procedures.
- Collaborate with the training department to educate staff and clients on equipment usage and maintenance.
7. Continuous Improvement:
- Remain updated on the latest trends and technologies in the solventless extraction realm.
- Propose and implement enhancements to existing systems and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical field.
- 3+ Years of experience in a related Engineering Manager field.
- Experience with solventless extraction equipment and processes is a plus, however, it is not a requirement.
- Proficiency in CAD software and other relevant engineering tools.
- Proficiency in Notion and other project management software.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- This onsite position is based out of our Arvada, Colorado Headquarters.
- Periodic travel may be required for training, client support, or industry events.
1. Competitive salary and bonus structure.
2. Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance.
3. Opportunity to work in a fast-growing industry and make a tangible impact.
4. Professional development opportunities.
5. Paid Time Off along with a great working environment.
Lowtemp Industries, LLC is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please submit your resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing your relevant experience. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.